Well. I just finished watching the JUSTUS video which just got
delivered today, April 17th, 2001, so here are my first impressions:
• They rely heavily on little clippy shots from HEAD, which is groovy.
I think I can understand why... I mean, come on... "Hmm, let's go
through nearly 30 hours of our TV show, or we can watch 2 hours of HEAD..."
What are they gonna choose? It's especially cool during the new Circle
• I hate the song "Let's Run Away From Life". So yeah, I knew
this before, but I didn't like the video either. Davy is so cornball
sometimes, y'know, so sappy... The best parts of this vid were where
Mike smiled at the cameras.
• The Nesmith Wink is still deadly.
• Micky is the biggest perv, but in a funny, endearing way. I've
noticed this a little bit in the Heart and Soul video. But wait,
is Mike a bigger perv? I mean, he wears the glasses ALL THE TIME
and doesn't let on, whereas Micky really checks people out.
• I want my astrological sign to be 'Wheat'!
• I think Mike mentions his constellations in Neftoon Zamora, or maybe
I just read that in a fic.
• I still love Mike, even though he's older than my dad, I love him,
I love him, I love him!
• I wish Mike would reunite again, but I guess I understand why he
• Check out the new piece of Micky's drum set during the You and I
FINAL ANALYSIS: OMG, I looooooove this video! While Heart and
Soul has more rare '60s Monkee footage, I enjoyed this video a lot more.
(That is, enjoying the actual video and not just laughing at the crazy
'80s hair and... Davy in zebra spandex and a neon pink thongy thing.)
Part of it is my fanatical love of Mike... But I thought this one
was good. Heart and Soul had some unnecessary stuff like video of
a girl who won a contest to meet the 3kees. H&S has it's moments,
but I prefer Justus. I recommend it.
Back to Reviews