That "Love" Girl
Chapter Four

By Rachel Rene


    "So, who's turn is it?" Micky asked.  Mike and Davy reluctantly pointed to Peter.  "Ohh..." Micky groaned, "I should've known... My stomach had a
feeling of sudden terror!"
    Peter beamed.  "It's my turn to cook already?!  Yea!"
    Taking the hint from the cringes of the others, Karisma spoke up,  "Why don't ya let me cook tonight, huh, Pete?  Sorta like a celebration?"  Peter pouted for a moment, then decided it would be alright.
    "Thank you, so much!  You saved our lives, really!" Micky patted her on the back.



    After their dinner of chili, to the great satisfaction of Micky, the five decided to go check out the Orange Ballerina and see if they could get any gigs.
    "Well," the owner looked them over, "If Karisma recommends you, I guess it's okay... but you still have to audition for me and the staff after we close, is that okay?"
    They looked at each other with hopeful eyes.  "That's great!  Thank you so much Mr. Morrison!"
    He held up his hand.  "Jake, just call me Jake."
    Karisma smiled.  "Thanks Jake."  Jake told Kari to get into her uniform if she was going to wait tonight.  "Yessir, right away." she saluted and excused herself from the presence of the Monkees.
    When Karisma came out of the back room in her waiting dress, Micky
joked,  "Hey, look at the legs on that one!" He walked over to her, and put his arm over her shoulder, "Hey, baby!  Ya wanna wait on us for awhile?"  Laughing and pushing Micky off of her, Karisma rolled her eyes and walked to a table to ask for their order.
    The night went by pretty fast, and Karisma made a lot of tips for her first day of work.
    "Everyone listen up!" Jake called to the staff after they closed.  "This's a band called the Monkees, and they're gonna be auditioning for us.  You all know Karisma by now, well, these're her friends, and she said they're really groovy.  Well, that's for us to decide tonight.  Okay, here they are, the Monkees!" He applauded as he introduced them, and they hopped on the bandstand.
    Near the end of Last Train to Clarksville, Jake sat next to Karisma at the bar and whispered, "Hey, these guys are pretty groovy, where'd ya ever pick them up?"
    She laughed and answered, "Thanks, they live a couple houses away from me."
    "I thought you just moved here."
    "I did, I just met them yesterday."
    Whistling, Jake mentioned,  "Wow... you're not much for taking your time, are ya?"
    She looked at him.  "Whatta ya mean?"  The Monkees started playing Sweet Young Thing.
    "Well, ya come ta me askin' for a job before ya even find a house, then ya meet these guys the day ya move in, and you get them jobs the next day."
    "Does that mean you'll hire them?"
    "Of course!  Are you kiddin'?  These guys are great!"

Back to Chapter Three
On to Chapter Five
Back to the Fanfic section

*